Site Services Engineer
Are you looking for a new engineering opportunity within the food industry? Are you a site services engineer with food manufacturing experience? Are you looking for a day shift role?
We are currently recruiting for a Site Services Engineer to be based at our site in Spalding.
Shift Pattern: Sunday - Thursday OR Tuesday - Saturday
This role is based on a days shift pattern 8am-4pm
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We are currently recruiting for a site services Engineer (multi-skilled) to undertake the upkeep and repair tasks to the interior and exterior of company premises including all incoming and outgoing services and associated plant. Well rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by carrying out all the necessary tasks swiftly and to an extremely high standard.
- Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all plant room equipment including:
- Water Boilers
- Steam Boilers
- Electrical Switch Gear
- Incoming Water Treatment
- Effluent Treatment
- Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System
- Daily/Weekly checks and maintenance on all site equipment including:
- Emergency Lighting
- Ladder checks/register completion
- Fire Door maintenance
- General site daily checks
- Work Proactively, Predictively and Reactively
- To attend to service breakdowns professionally, safely and effectively.
- To maximise up time of services equipment to meet targets ensuring availability and reliability
- Compliance with site KPIs
- Workshop GMP responsibilities to retain a safe and audit ready environment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist contract tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned by your manager or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Liaising with contractors and other workers when required
- Daily workshop audit
- Maintaining water softeners supply of salt and inspection
- Any other compliance checks required
- 1stline of response to any drain blockages from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc.
- GMP, Technical and H&S audit compliance and sign off
- Perimeter inspection
- Weekly meter reading and recording
What we’re looking for
- Time served electrician or multi-skilled engineer
- Self-reliant and responsible
- Time management and organization skills
- Proactive with a can do and will do attitude
- Able to understand what the priorities are and act accordingly and autonomously
- Experience with workplace hardware tools and electrical equipment
- An understanding and proven track record of facilities maintenance
- Experience of electrical distribution, compressors, boilers, effluent treatment.
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Adhering to current and future SHE requirements
- MEWP and Boom lift license will be required (Training will be given)
- To maintain a visual daily log of events using the site CMMS.
- To record all daily activities into the CMMS for management review and traceability.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.