Senior Specification Technologist
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsburys, KFC, Nandos, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
In the role of Senior Specification Technologist, youll be managing a busy team, supporting them with working on new product ranges, making amendments to existing ranges, so youll need a good understanding of products. You will be responsible for setting up, for approval, all external customer specifications or relevant technical information in line with customer requirements, so youll understand the importance of getting things right first time.
You will ensure compliance with updated customer technical policies, current labelling standards and include all regulatory changes that will impact back of pack information. Working closely with raw material suppliers and internal teams, youll agree quality parameters which support appropriate checks at intake to ensure compliance. You and your team will also get involved in reviewing raw material specification content to develop Gold Standard specifications for each raw material in order to improve compliance.
As Senior Specification Technologist, youll support a lean enterprise culture, aiding them to maximize their potential at all times and ensuring a safe working environment for all.
What we’re looking for
- You will previous experience of working within a similar role within food manufacturing and have detailed knowledge of writing specifications for retailers in food manufacturing. Youll have strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- You will feel comfortable managing multiple tasks and delivering results against tight deadlines. Youll have the talent to analyse information alongside the ability to transfer the data accurately and clearly within reports.
- Of HND calibre, you will already have completed your Food Safety and Health and Safety at Level 2 alongside basic HACCP awareness. You will have knowledge of legal labelling and legislation application and be computer literate.
- Not only will you be working for one of the countrys leading food manufacturers youll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.