Senior Production Operatives
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
What you'll be doing
- To provide line leadership to operatives and agency personnel in a specific area of production, looking at ways of continuous improvement and ensuring a quality product to the customer in a productive and cost affective way.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in good working order and SPO Checklists are completed at start of their shift.
- Ensure short interval control sheets are being filled in timely and accurately. Ensure oven settings correct and temperatures maintained, checkweighers are working and being used at all times on correct settings.
- Make sure the correct ingredients are being used for the correct product that is being produced. Ensure correct colour coded utensils are used for meat / veg / allergen products. Ensure the correct specification controls in place and followed (visual specs online and ingredient make up sheet online)
- Make sure that all ingredients and tooling is available for the next production run . Prepare in advance to minimise changeover and downtime. To maintain efficiency and performance criteria to agreed level and ensure all equipment and personnel are available for the continuation of product changeovers.
- Report any specific training needs for you or your staff to your Shift Manager. Monitor performance of teams and individuals and be able to offer coaching and guidance when needed.
Working 4 days on / 4 days off Days (06:00-18:00)
What we’re looking for
- The individual must have an in-depth knowledge of the area and machinery or have worked in a similar environment. They must also have experience of working in a fast paced environment and to achieve set targets and deadlines.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.