Senior Financial Accountant
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to be based from our Kiveton site.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure the integrity of the Financial Accounts control environment for Kiveton & Divisional and meeting of the reporting deadlines to agreed standards.
- Establish strong relationships with the Sites Operational Finance Team and Category Finance Shared Service Centre.
- Monitor and review adherence to company and group policies that have a financial impact.
- Support and enhance the ‘business’ decision making ability.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and year end accounts and ensure that the Group SAP BPC reporting deadlines are met.
- Preparation of Quarterly Forecast for Group SAP BPC reporting deadlines and deadlines met.
- Involvement in Year End Stat Accounts
- Maintain a strong Balance Sheet/GL control environment ensuring that the monthly accounts are fully reconciled.
- Reconciliation of the weekly to monthly accounts (and Week X Reporting) including distribution BU
- Assist with forecast & budget preparations (fixed overhead & Indirect labour, balance sheet and cash).
- 1to1 fixed cost reviews with departmental heads including the production of Monthly Departmental Fixed Cost Reports and Consolidated Reporting packs for departments.
- Solely responsible for the Divisional Budgets/Forecast preparation and reporting of variances.
- Facilitate and lead Cash Management and Flow forecasting. Including Half Year & Year End Target delivery
- Lead the development of an Assistant Financial Accountant.
- Co-ordinate Weekly bank reconciliations and cash book posting.
- Ensure internal deadlines are met on key reporting deliverables
- Accurate and timely completion of group related returns
- Supplier statement reconciliation & co-ordination including aged GRNI review.
- Agreement of all inter-company balances on a monthly basis.
- Fixed Asset Register Maintenance (Capital WIP management) and CAPEX management.
- Co-ordinate Cash expenses and credit card analysis & P11D monitoring.
- VAT return co-ordination and completion for VAT group.
- Intra-stat returns.
- Annual tax returns and supporting analysis (tax packs).
- National Statistic Returns.
- Alcohol duty rebate claims.
- Continuous development of enhanced controls, reporting and system utilisation.
- Enhance the profile of the finance department within the business.
- Overhead analysis and reporting.
- Leading the internal and external audits in conjunction with the Site/Divisional based teams.
- Holiday and sickness cover for the Financial Manager.
- Ad hoc information and analysis as required – Financial, operational & commercial
- Attendance at cross departmental meetings as required.
- Systems development and enhancement.
- To fully support and deliver to all levels of the business effective communications, both written and verbal.
What we’re looking for
- Good financial accounting knowledge, qualified CIMA/ACCA.
- A ‘can do’ attitude demonstrated in a challenging manufacturing environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and adopt a philosophy of continuous improvement and smart working.
- Excellent communication skills with a clear understanding of the importance of customer service.
- Engaging leadership and influencing skills.
- Proven ‘relationship’ builder with the ability to establish strong rapport with key stakeholders.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- At least 2 years post qualified experience.
- Good technical skills.
- Good systems, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Experience in FMCG environment is preferential but not essential.
- Ability to convey complicated technical issues to non accountants.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.