What you'll be doing
As a Sauce Cook, you will be responsible for mixing ingredients and raw materials in commercial kettles to create our sauces for Italian Prepared Meals. Attention to detail is key in this role, as is an ability to cope under pressure. You will need to follow recipes and specifications, as well as ensuring consistency across batches so that our customers receive high quality products on time, every time. Prior experience in mixing/prep/kitting would be high advantageous, as would previous Food Safety training - although this can and will be provided.
What we’re looking for
- Someone who has experience in production, ideally in prep or mixing. An understanding or experience of the prep/cooking process would be highly advantageous
- Good English & maths skills - you need to follow process & recipes, document any deviations, and update paperwork
- Attention to detail & able cope under pressure - you need to ensure consistency across batches, and report any issues with raw materials.
- Strong communication skills - you will need work closely with team leaders, and communicate any delays or deviances in product/materials/specification to the relevant colleagues.
- You will be required to repeatedly lift large ingredients into commercial kettles & will be going up and down stairs regularly during your shift.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we work with c.450 colleagues to produce Italian Prepared Meals for some of the UK's well-known retailers. We are experiencing a period of growth, and due to internal movement are looking to add to our production team.