A sanitation supervisor enforces the policies and procedures surrounding the food safety and hygiene. She/he examines all manufacturing equipment to ensure that it works properly and meets all governmental standards. In instances of violations, develops a plan to correct the situation. Possessing a keen understanding of industry regulations, he/she consults with management to address compliance issues and make recommendations to improve processes. Managing vendor relationships, this individual engages the services of contract sanitation crews and vermin control companies. Developing training programs related to sanitation practices and company best practices, this individual also delivers these initiatives to employees in one-on-one and group settings. A sanitation supervisor keeps detailed records of all sanitation-related activities and issues, such as inspections and violations, also noting how and when each situation was resolved. The Sanitation Manager/Supervisor ensures that all Safety, Quality (related to Sanitation), Continuous Improvement and Cost expectations are delivered. The Sanitation Manager/Supervisor drives the sustainable improvements across the shift, working closely with the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager, Quality Manager, staff and plant employees to achieve results. This position requires hands-on leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the sanitation process
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed, and that continual improvement is made towards an injury free operation.
- Ensure key performance indicators in Sanitation areas are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring that the Sanitation process is cost effective, reliable, and meets all associated targets.
- Develop and track improvement in the use and efficiency of Sanitation labor resources.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for key Sanitation operations.
- Ensure that Sanitation does not detract from products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure that quality (relating to sanitation) meets or exceeds planned goals. Work with Quality Manager to ensure that adequate processes are capable and improving.
- Ensure that human resources required to accomplish sanitation tasks are available; work with third party sanitation service and ensure that material resources (chemicals, tools, etc.) needed are available.
- Work with the Maintenance, Quality and Production to ensure sanitation related equipment PM’s (e.g. PEC’s) are completed timely as well as develop a good working relationship between production and maintenance personnel
- Ensure complete compliance to GMP’s, USDA regulations, and 5S processes.
- Estimate labor and operational costs for on-going operation and for new projects.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Monitor the Sanitation processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Accomplish the above at other network plants in Manager role
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. other departments, corporate resources, other plants, suppliers, etc.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective Sanitation organization.
- Ensure coaching and development of team and other key resources to meet business’s objectives.
- Supervise and motivate teams of workers.
- Review the performance of subordinates.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
The Sanitation Supervisor/ Manager should be results oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team player as well as an independent worker and have strong and effective verbal and written communication skills. This person should be recognized as a leader capable of driving excellence.
The Sanitation Supervisor/ Manager should possess leadership skills as well as an appropriate amount of technical skills in a large-scale manufacturing environment. A strong working knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing techniques and related CI tools are required: Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen Blitz, Value Stream Mapping, OEE, First Hour Full Power, Labor Analysis, 5S, 7 Forms of Waste, Pit Stop Changeovers, etc.
The successful candidate should have a BS or BA in Science, Business or a related field, with between 5-10 years of applicable experience.
The Sanitation Manager/Supervisor has direct reports consisting of assistant supervisors, group leaders, contract employees, and regular full-time employees totaling 30 to 50 employees. The shift crew consists of both Greencore regular employees as well as contract employees. .
Other Skills & Abilities:
The Sanitation Manager/Supervisor needs to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have some experience and/or the ability to learn associated corporate enterprise software systems to analyze and track data as well as ensuring the sanitation organization understands key operational information.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.