Quality Auditor - Days (Goods in)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
In the role of QA, the key focus will be to assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing. You will verify that raw material preparation, manufacturing production and product storage comply with food safety and quality standards.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a QA to join the technical team. The role will be offering a very competitive salary and benefits package to support this shift pattern.
You would be working 40 hours per week working from 05.00am – 13.30pm.
Note: this role requires shift patterns that include weekends (5 out of 7)
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience within to food environment
- Allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
- Understanding of internal audit process
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
- Check incoming raw materials and collect all relevant samples for testing.
- Verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated within the required standards.
- You’ll need to have a strong eye for detail as you will also be required to track and document all activity and results in an accurate manner, highlighting any areas of non-conformance and taking appropriate action.
- You will work closely with the production and operations team to ensure they are aware of all quality assurance activities, results and trends, supporting the team to understand and adhere to food safety procedures.
We're looking for someone who understands basic food safety & has previous experience working in a similar role within food manufacturing. Qualifications in Food Hygiene & Health and Safety would be extremely beneficial.
You need strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and will enjoy working as part of a team.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.