Quality Assurance Technician
Greencore in Woodridge, IL is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to insure the quality of all products manufactured and to meet or exceed USDA and/or Corporate specifications in regard to weights, labeling and sanitation. Room temperatures varying anywhere from 35°- 38° degree Fahrenheit.
What you’ll do:
- Fully support QA and Operations management in high care program implementation.
- Engage with Operations, communicates with Line Leads and Supervisors to prevent and resolve any quality issues in the production floor.
- Ensure quality standards are met by auditing production.
- Perform pre-operational, operational inspections in accordance with GMP standards.\
- Carry out monitoring and verification activities in accordance with HACCP plan (including temperature checks and metal detector checks).
- Perform quality checks, including, but not limited to, label inspections (USDA bug), Lot code inspections, net weight checks, sensory checks.
- Verify equipment calibration (thermometers, scales).
- Verify specifications for finished products and incoming ingredients.
- Follow hold protocol for any nonconforming ingredients and finished goods.
- Verify specifications and validation for finished product and ingredients.
- Perform corrective actions for any food safety, A/B standard, or sanitation issues.
- Perform environmental swabbing.
- Set up sandwich line.
- Check for USDA bug when applicable.
- Use calibrated probes
- Measure and taste batches and initialize record book.
- Hold product that does not meet quality standards and /or deviates from the HACCP plan.
- Stop production line if product doesn’t meet quality standards.
- Communicate any issues to Supervisors and Manager.
- Perform component weight checks
- Each employee of Greencore Chicago must fully understand and follow all Facility Good Manufacturing Practices. Each Employee is responsible for food safety, and therefore, responsible to report food safety concerns to their immediate supervisor or manager and take action if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
Education: High school Diploma or GED
Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of Science and Math. Some computer experience helpful.
Experience: Manufacturing experience in food industry
Abilities: Job involves standing, walking, sitting, stooping and bending at the waist and ground levels.
- Decides if product meets all food safety and quality requirements and holds product that does not meet the standards.
- Performs USDA/HACCP/SSOP inspections.
- Performs temperature checks, net weights, and other quality tests.
- Verifies specifications and validation for finished product & ingredients.
- Performs corrective actions for any issues ( food safety, sanitation and A/B standards
- Perform duties in the microbiology lab such as swabs media making.
- Ensures that quality assurance is met from auditing the production lines.
- Verify labels are properly place on package.
Job Contacts, Internal:
- Work with all production personnel and managers.
Physical Requirement: Requires ability to lift 5-10 lbs occasionally. Stand, walk, bend, and twist, during the entire shirt (hours vary) and overtime when it is necessary.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.