Quality Assurance Technician- 2nd Shift
The Quality Assurance Technician performs required inspections to assure incoming materials and finished products conform to customer specifications, company standards and regulatory requirements. Inspections shall verify that products meet food safety and regulatory requirements using established procedures at prescribed frequencies. Results of all inspections shall be documented per company standard operating procedures including immediate reporting and corrective action of deficiencies.
- Monitor daily operations as assigned to ensure compliance to established procedures, customer specifications and/or Shop Order instructions.
- Perform incoming goods, in process and finished product inspections per approved procedures.
- Identify and report unusual quality conditions to Quality Department management employees for correction.
- Initiate Incident Reports for non-conforming goods, out-of-specification processes, in process failures, etc.
- Assist Operations Group Leaders and Machine Operators as necessary to perform in-process checks, comply with Shop Order instructions and implement corrective actions for process trends and/or non-compliance.
- Perform and/or verify equipment calibration per established procedures and frequencies as directed.
- Ensure adherence to company employee safety, food safety and GMP policies
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
High school diploma or GED is required for this position. No previous experience in quality is required but is a plus. Must demonstrate ability to read and write in English in order to be qualified for the position. Must demonstrate the ability to perform simple math such as addition, subtraction and multiplication based on company testing. Candidate must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy and vary in temperature from refrigerated environments, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle product, record information and collect samples of various types. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and ability to correctly transcribe multiple digit numbers without error.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.