Quality Assurance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will assist the QA Manager with the day-to-day operations within the Quality Assurance Department. Review and modify paperwork, HACCP Programs, SOP’s, other pre-requisite materials related to food safety to improve quality and compliance. Work with the management in Food Safety, Sanitation, and Production to improve policy, procedures, and training. Actively participate in the worker safety program to assist QA Manager with Food Safety and OSHA compliance. Interact with on-site USDA officer
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct regular meetings with QC Team to discuss Food Safety and Quality issues.
- Perform and review Root Cause Analysis for Food Safety and Package Quality deviations.
- Supervise and review corrective actions claims
- Perform monthly GMP audit and follow up with Corrective Actions from the audit findings.
- Review and perform trend analysis of pre-operational cleaning.
- Monitor the daily activities of the QC technical team and provide input and feedback to enhance their abilities.
- Review and perform aesthetic analysis of all products made each day.
- Direct the internal and outsourced laboratory work needed.
- Establish and maintain a shelf-life program.
- Assist in formula adjustments and labeling reviews.
- Perform training with QC technicians and production Staff.
- Ensure adherence to company policy throughout the facility.
- Spot check weights and metal detectors to verify proper packing and safety of products.
- Schedules QC Technicians. Prioritizes work in Technical/QC department.
- Engage with Operation Team Leaders; perform daily inspections of production floor.
- Act as liaison between departments; proactively establish relationships between departments to support quality and safety of the product.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Responsible for QC technical plant floor team – QC Technicians and QC Team Leaders
Responsible for Sanitation Laborers- Sanitation Workers and Sanitation Leads
Responsible for nightly walk through and communications with USDA
Responsible for Non Compliance Corrective Actions
Production Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation, Planning & Replenishment, Technical, NPD, and Human Resources, USD Regulatory Officers
Service Providers, Regulatory and Third Party Auditors as required.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years previous Supervisor experience
- Degree in a biological science or equivalent preferred
- Experience in the Quality function within the food industry
- Knowledge of SQF, GMP, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Years/Type):
- Advanced English reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a college degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of HACCP and it pre-requisites, the sanitation process, procedures, and chemicals, and product formulations/labeling. This is normally acquired through five to ten years of manufacturing experience.
- Need to speak and understand English; bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Progressive experience in a similar role
- Liaising with people at all levels within the organization
- Prior Leadership experience
- Willingness to work in a food production operation with constant temperatures at 40 degrees
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.