Quality Assurance Manager
Greencore is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager for our Itasca Plant.
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specifications, legislation and customer requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage employees in the Quality Assurance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and developing employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure the facility delivers the required standards of food safety according to both Peacock Foods and Regulatory policies, procedures, and practices
- Develop and mentor a strong quality team that supports a world class manufacturing system
- Be responsible for managing BRC/SQF/USDA and all quality assurance and food safety audits. (Records of all reviews and reasons for amending documents, validations and changes to the BRC/SQF/USDA System shall be maintained)
- Ensure the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs and adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices
- Manage facility inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing, allergen and microbial program compliance
- Deliver continuous quality improvement in plant through use of systematic tools and processes
- Prepare and implementation of operations and QA standard operating procedures (SOP's) that supports company programs and requirements
- Work with Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs and processes
- Ensure key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and microbial program metrics are established, and the delivery of the established metrics and Key Performance Indices
- Lead factory as the subject matter expert on decisions related to plant quality programs and processes
- Lead the factory to build a sustainable quality culture where quality is part of everyone’s role
- Work collaboratively across all necessary functions to ensure adherence to established programs and practices
- Be the primary plant contact and communication for customers and suppliers for all quality, food safety and regulatory issues.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years Quality Assurance management experience within the food manufacturing or food packaging industries.
- Physical working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm (or very cold).
- Must be able to access any area in and around facility including may need to ascend/descend stairways, narrow passageways and layout of expansive operations to access production equipment which may be located at any level in the building.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.