Project Accountant 6 Month FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Role Purpose: We are looking at appoint an Accountant on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract to gain greater financial control and governance over the functions relating to our "Mobile Stores" business.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Review the existing Mobile Stores Operations (Hub 1) from a finance perspective (P&L / B/S postings and reporting etc).
- Make corrections (if necessary) to the postings and document by P&L line the logic and processes of the Mobile Stores P&L.
- Liaise and work with the Project Team to formulate a P&L for the new Hub. To include an excel version of the P&L in a presentable format and understanding of the various links between IT systems.
- Develop and prepare a consolidated monthly P&L (i.e. Hub 1 + Hub 2).
- Review the treatment of Capital spend as part of Hub 2 and make consideration of correct VAT accounting for the Hub.
- Present the monthly results both internally and externally and hand back over to the Commercial Finance Team with documentation to carry forward.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience delivering high level Accounting project work within a large organisation.
- Highly independent and autonomous worker.
- Previous experience across a breadth of Accountancy/Finance functions.
- Confident in implementing strong financial controls and delivering reports to stakeholders internal and external.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.