Profit Pool Technologist
Did you know that Greencore is the world's largest sandwich maker?
At Greencore Northampton we are currently recruiting for a Profit Pool Technologist to execute projects which will create value for Greencore and its customers.
Shift pattern - Monday to Friday - office hours.
- You will be responsible for a series of initiatives that will support the creation of value (cost reduction and revenue growth) for Greencore and its customers. As part of this work, you will likely:
- Scope and run work plans for the identified initiative to meet objectives
- Plan and execute product trials
- Keep customer and Greencore stakeholders up to date with progress through face to face meetings and maintaining programme management trackers
- Generate a continuous pipeline of potential cost saving and value creating ideas and projects through supplier and customer engagement
- At Greencore, we really do put our people at the core of how we run our business, so there is a strong focus on looking after our people and our impact on the wider community. You'll support this by creating an environment where individuals feel able to continuously challenge the status quo, embracing change and where they are encouraged to make decisions to drive continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a basic understanding of finance and basic commercial awareness to ensure that the projects deliver against Business Unit/customer targets and goals.
- Degree level calibre in a food science / food technology, food marketing management, microbiology or science discipline is desirable
- Previous experience of working in an FMCG environment
- Numerate & PC literate – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word & M&S FIND experience would be highly beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.