Production Team Leader
What you'll be doing
Do you want the opportunity to lead a team? Would you like to work at a fast paced food manufacturing site?
We are recruiting for Line Controllers to work various night shifts working an average of 42 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off, 3 on 3 off basis (12 hour shifts).
Shifts start at 5.30pm and finish at 5.30am.
What we’re looking for
As Line Controller you will have responsibility for a food production line and will ensure that production matches the agreed plan.
You will manage and lead a team of up to 40 operatives and ensure that performance within your area is maximised through careful monitoring, identifying trends and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance.
You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
We are holding an Assessment Evening at our Manton Wood site on 18/07/19 with other weekly assessment days to follow. Successful candidates will be offered immediate start dates where notice periods allow.
PLEASE NOTE - If you apply for multiple roles then you will only be invited to attend ONE assessment event and you will be asked which 2 roles/shift patterns you would prefer. Where possible, if each of the roles you have applied for are appropriate based on your experience, then we will assess you against each of your preferred top 2 roles and if you are successful it is likely you will be offered your 1st or 2nd choice.
What you’ll get in return
- Previous experience working in Food Manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to adapt communication style to direct and manage none English speaking people within your team
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- An accreditation in level 2 food hygiene and HACCP would be beneficial but full training is provided
- English Level 2 or above
- Maths Level 2 or above
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- PPE is provided free of charge including safety shoes, thermal fleece jackets/body warmers, gloves and hats