Are you a motivating team leader with the ability to coach, mentor and inspire exceptional performance from colleagues?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
In Kiveton we have a team of around 640 colleagues who work together to produce a range of Quiches & Savoury Tarts, Chilled Soups and Sauces for leading supermarkets including Co-op, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's.
We currently have an opportunity for a Production Supervisor, known within Greencore as a Zone Manager, to join us working Monday to Friday days 5:30am - 1:30pm.
What you'll be doing
In this role you will lead and co-ordinate the work of the Production Zone teams to ensure we deliver our key customer requirements. You will supervise 2-5 Line Controllers and have a total team size of 60-120
- Deliver department/zone productivity and efficiency targets to produce goods in line with the agreed production plan
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor and review labour deployment to ensure that the availability and alignment fits with the production requirements of the department
- Effectively communicate with the operations team report progress against plan, highlighting any risks to the achievement of volumes and standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency, to ensure performance consistency and reliability
- Promote a SHE culture within the department, complying to procedures, accident investigation, corrective actions and completing near miss reporting, promoting a safe working environment
- Review operational trends within Department/Zone. Identify and act on opportunities to that can make sustainable improvements in all areas including quality, performance and profit and the ultimately delivery of the operational plan
- Monitor and review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and are developed to maximise their potential
- Actively contribute to both customer and technical process development reviews to promote improvement to quality and consistency of production
What we’re looking for
- Experience of managing diverse teams in a complex environment, ideally manufacturing or FMCG
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- An ability to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- An advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation is desirable
- HACCP Level 2 Qualification
- Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification
- IOSH Level 2
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and annual leave allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched contributions
- Company share save scheme
- Opportunities to develop internally through Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- An opportunity to join a growing market leader and broaden your experience within food manufacturing
- Discounted staff restaurant and company shop on site
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.