The Production Supervisor is responsible for all shift activities including planning and scheduling, as well as acting as a liaison with Material Handling. Directly responsible for the supervision of 10-15 subordinate group leaders who supervise a total of 100- 150 employees in Production. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Staffing lines
- Training and coaching new employees
- Ensuring that (SOPs) standard operating procedures, government regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices and safety guidelines are followed
- Ensuring smooth transition for following shifts
- Communicating and works to resolve all issues to proper departments
- Ensuring line efficiencies are maintained and product is made in good quality
- Assures that production lines are cleaned and maintained
- Performs staffing analysis, and schedules and plans for new jobs
- Conducts Performance Evaluations
- Recommends and executes disciplinary actions
- Recognize and solve problems by identifying the cause, determining solutions and implementing corrective actions
- Interfaces effectively with all departments
- Assign coverage and responsibility for supervision of plant to Assistant Supervisors during absence.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Associate Degree plus 2 years of progressive experience in a leadership position in a production operation. Must be able to read, write and speak in English as well as possess computer skills. Bi-lingual a plus. Understands and operates using lean principles (5S, workflow, etc.)
Work environment and working conditions: Physical working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm (or very cold). Must be able to access any area in and around facility including may need to ascend/descend stairways, narrow passageways and layout of expansive operations to access production equipment which may be located at any level in the building. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.