We are recruiting for Production Supervisors at Spalding in Lincolnshire. As Production Supervisor / Section Leader you'll lead a team, and manage the consistent application of processes within your section ensuring that products are manufactured to the agreed production plan and standard.
Shift pattern: 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 rotating. Sunday to Thursday for a week and Tuesday to Saturday for the other week.
The main focus of your role will be to ensure that your department is producing goods in line with the agreed production plan. You’ll continuously monitor raw materials, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards.
So it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and you liaise closely with you team at all times. This will be key to understanding progress against plan and giving you the ability to highlight any areas of risk to achieving target at the earliest point.
Within any of our production areas, a safe working environment is essential at all times, so as Production Supervisor, you’ll actively promote a SHE culture within your department and adherence to procedures within your team.
We’ll also be looking for you to actively contribute to both customer and technical process development reviews, promoting improvement to quality and consistency of production.
The Ideal Candidate
You will already have experience of working within FMCG and will bring with you experience of managing diverse teams in a complex manufacturing environment.
You will have an advanced food hygiene accreditation with HACCP level 2. Certification in yellow belt six sigma and IOSH level 2, would also be extremely useful.
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
The Spalding site sits within the Food to Go division and produces coleslaw and side of plate salads for leading retailers. The site employs c450 people and has been an established part of the local community for 27 years.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.