Production Operative - Nights
What you'll be doing
We are recruiting for Permanent Grade 1 (Unskilled) Operatives in Production to support our production team. As a Production Operative you will:
- Help deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Follow reasonable instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Comply all technical and safety procedures
The majority of vacancies are full time around 40 hours per week and are paid by the hour on a weekly basis. You will be working 5 days out of 7 every week and the working hours are generally 06:00-14:30. Overtime is paid at time and a half
What we’re looking for
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Basic Maths & English at Entry level 2 or above for unskilled roles and Entry level 3 or above for Skilled roles)
- Good verbal communication skills
The below are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Food Hygiene (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Level 2)
- Experience in a similar role / previous experience
If this sounds like you then join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Do you want to be paid weekly? Do you want a permanent full time job working on Day Shift with set days per week? .......Then look no further!
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.