Production Operative - Bristol
What you'll be doing
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1.2 billion. Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom, we employ more than 11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK and Ireland.
Greencore Prepared Meals is a major manufacturer of chilled prepared meals, chilled pasta sauces and soups as well as meat spreads and the UK's leading producer of quiche. It has five well-invested facilities in Kiveton, Warrington, Wisbech, Consett and Bristol. Greencore manufactures in excess of 150 million prepared meals each year and produces more than half of all of the UK's quiche.
Full time vacancy opportunities are available on both days and nights. The new roles will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.
What we’re looking for
Due to continued growth at Greencore Prepared Meals in Bristol, we have exciting opportunities in new roles within the Production team in a fast moving food manufacturing environment. Working within the Operations department you will be required to:
- Understand and follow written procedures for operating on high speed production lines.
- To work in a target driven environment to achieve the daily shift production targets for quality, safety and output.
- Work as a member of a small team
- Comply with all Health & Safety and operating procedures.
Comply with Food Safety operating procedures
What you’ll get in return
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential
- Basic IT skills required
- Food Safety level 2 certificate desirable but not essential (training will be provided).
- Health & Safety level 2 certificate desirable but not essential (training will be provided).