Product Development Technologist
The Process Development Technologist provides information to support the creation of customer and factory specifications which lead to the production of accurate and appropriate product labeling information. They are responsible for planning, preparation and successful execution of process development and line trails to deliver customer requirements and process improvements in line with LEAN objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be in line with the customer objectives, LEAN and site specific requirements.
- Capture and review data (alone or with other technologist) to determine results and actions to deliver performance.
- Be responsible for complete launch packs to ensure the quality and consistency of products launched.
- Develop, in line with customer requirements, product opportunities within the manufacturing units processing capabilities.
- Deliver kitchen activities aligned with the product development, marketing and commercial teams to deliver the product development strategy.
- Create additional opportunities and be the “Great Food Champion” for his/her specific discipline.
- Monitor and communicate process trends to ensure launch data adherence, maximum process optimization and effective communication to customers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to effectively deliver category direction and internal systems in line with the NPD strategy.
- Work with the HOI/NPD Project Manager on the implementation of plans with appropriate customer and factory needs.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
The Process Development Technologist should be results oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team player as well as an independent worker and have strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field, knowledge of GMP techniques, basic hygiene principles, knowledge of basic legal labeling and weight legislation. HACCP experience and a good level of computer literacy ability to use computer programs to analyze project results. 2-3 years’ experience working with process development preferred.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.