You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We're looking for a Product Developer from a food background to join us at our site in Atherstone. Regular travel will be required to our Bow and Park Royal sites.
What you'll be doing
As a Product Developer, you will be developing new and existing recipes into commercially viable products, benchmark regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage. You will be joining a friendly team at an exciting time as it is experiencing significant growth.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Create recipes alongside the chefs, input recipes onto the recipe management system and review the accuracy of all recipes inputted by the product technologist and chefs to ensure they meet cost, weight and nutritional requirements
- Put all products through the feasibility process; working with the commercial, operations, technical and purchasing teams to solve any issues to ensure concepts are repeatable, sustainable and scalable
- Assist the process team with the scale up production trials, as required, to ensure production quality matches the kitchen quality signed off by the customer
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical; comfortable with producing and reviewing costings
- Proficient in all elements of product development from concept to launch
- Proven track record of successfully validating products and producing high quality documentation
- Confident in presenting to all levels within the business and directly to customers
- Experience in people management
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.