You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
Shift: This is a days based role comprising of a 2-2-3 shift pattern.
What you'll be doing
As Process Technologist, you will act as a key link between the product development kitchen and the production line.
- Planning, preparation and successful execution of process development and line trials to deliver customer requirements and process improvements.
- Monitor and communicate process trends to ensure launch date adherence, maximum process optimisation and effective communication to customers.
- Ensure the output of all line trials are fully documented with adherence to food safety, quality standards and customer requirements are met.
- Ensure a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy.
- Help with the presentation of new products and upgrades support the Senior Process Technologist in a professional manner demonstrating your food and process knowledge and expertise.
- Source and verify the feasibility of new raw ingredients within Greencore specifications and approved suppliers. You will also contribute to idea generation within the team to maximise competitor advantage.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working within food manufacturing preferred. You will also have strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, always focusing on delivering results against tight deadlines is a must
- Knowledge of functional ingredients and processing constraints to provide guidance to other departments regarding food processing.
- Understanding of food processing equipment and the ability to advise on impact to product quality/food safety.
- Experience of different packaging formats with regards to process/product quality and food safety suitability.
- Ability to investigate and resolve complex food processing issues.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.