The Plant Controller will report to the Division Controller. This role will assist in the financial and operational analysis for Hearthside at the plant level. This will include working with the Plant Manager and other plant management to produce financial statements, forecasts and budgets on a timely basis. This role will provide monthly close the books support for Plant Manager and interact with Accounting Manager and Division Controller. The Plant Controller will explain variances to forecast and budget. This position will monitor plant performance and suggest areas of improvement.
- Monitor and prepare plant profit and loss statements and analyze variance to budget and forecast and reporting of results and KPI to divisional management on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Analyze and track continuous improvement (CI) and other project financial performance on a monthly and/or weekly basis and suggest improvement opportunities. Participate in CI activities as required.
- Analyze manufacturing variances, including direct labor and materials.
- Lead annual budget and forecasting process for the plant.
- Develop standard cost models for new products as well as maintain and update existing standard cost models as needed.
- Prepare financial analysis for capital expenditure requests including pre and post-project savings analysis.
- Assist with customer pricing reviews.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Ensure internal controls are followed in assigned areas – including quarterly self-testing and support for internal and external audits.
- Provide service to key internal customers, including plant management and corporate finance.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well
- High level of initiative and willingness to support teammates
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Management of multiple work streams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university (MBA or advanced degree preferred, but not required)
- 5+ years of professional finance and accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (food manufacturing environment preferred, but not required)
- Infor System21 experience preferred, but not required (other current ERP experience a plus)
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with ability to learn accounting software
- Occasional travel to be expected (<10%)
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.