Planner - Maternity Cover
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our team in Northampton, as planner you will
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend orders where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/over stocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (GMP, H&S, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc.) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
What we’re looking for
- This is a really fast paced environment, so you'll need to have experience of working in such an environment. If you have FMCG experience and knowledge, that would be even better.
- You will need to have experience of being a planner and understand the planning process, as well as working with a multiple range of SKUS; both short and long lead time.
- In addition, you need to be computer literate, with fantastic Excel skills and experience of ERP systems. It's imperative that you have a good attention to detail and are an analytical thinker.
- You'll be working with a range of suppliers/customers, so you must understand the sales order processing and distribution plans and have excellent customer service skills.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.