The Slicer/Palletizer ensures that the area is set up in a safe and efficient manner. He/she ensures that the product is correctly palletized, labeled and sealed and the paperwork is filled out correctly. He/she will also be in charge of slicing products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sets up line and is responsible for product changeovers.
- Quickly identify any possible hazards to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Receive and checks case labels.
- Sets up and operates case printer.
- Sets up case sealer.
- Verify pallet type and pallet pattern.
- Verify if sheet instructions, case labels and product are correct.
- Apply pallet tags.
- Transport complete pallets to freezer, verifies case count and fills out pallet count sheet.
- Responsible for ensuring that “hold” tags are correct and in place.
- Give limited work direction to line associates.
- Responsible for documentation and record keeping for area (including, but not limited to , quality records, daily packaging worksheet and other reports as determined by Production Supervisor).
- Operation of multi-slicer.
- Set-up and remove motor, band blade cutter and trays for cleaning and sanitation.
- Be responsible for compliance with specifications.
- Be knowledgeable in GMP’s, OSHA and HACCP.
- Comply with Company policies.
- Be on floor 100%
- Report to production lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must read, write and speak English. Able to communicate and take direction from the line lead and/or the production supervisor.
Must have basic math skills for packaging forms, HACCP compliance forms and any other forms deemed necessary by the production supervisor.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Attention to detail. Legible record-keeping and data entry skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand(s) to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch.
The employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee will be working at room temperature around spiral freezer and hot racks of baked product.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.