Packaging Machine Operator
The Packaging Machine Operator provides accurate and quality product to our customers by adhering to specifications and operating in the most cost effective and productive manner while lending support to the line associates in the Packaging area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Completing pre-op inspection of area. Set- up machines according to specifications.
- Keeping the Ulma and Doboy machines running in order to maintain line standards?
- Setting-up, operates, and troubleshoots machines.
- Be responsible for compliance with specifications.
- Have ability to learn all line related positions in the Rheon packaging area (freezer loader, product sorting, bag stuffing, labeling, folding labels, packaging product, palletizing).
- Give limited work direction to line associates.
- Be responsible for documentation and record keeping for area (including, but not limited to material receipts and returns, production worksheets, efficiency, & labor standards)
- Be the back-up lead in supervisor in his/her absence.
- Become knowledgeable in GMP’s, OSHA and HACCP.
- Train new hires on the job. Responsible for training production line workers on each position to ensure product conforms to all requirements.
- Provide feedback to the Lead regarding employee relations issues.
- Monitor production, efficiency, and product quality
- Monitor and administers training, motivating team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity allowing for a successful career at Lettiers Company.
- Be flexible to train production employees in all departments
- Possess complete knowledge of setup and ability to perform every operation within area of responsibility.
- Properly document training (matrix, training forms, etc.).
- Remain familiar with all pertinent Standard Operating Procedures, and incorporate any changes into the training process
- Follow and document the progress of all assigned trainees, able to instruct employees to be competent in all positions
- Work safely at all times
- Be on floor 98%
- Become cross trained across the plant
- Comply with Company policies.
- Report to lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
As part of your development:
- Coach, develop, counsel, and mentor staff to achieve quality performance
- Ensure that employee training is effectively conducted for all positions throughout assigned area of responsibility utilizing appropriate combinations of formal, informal, one-on-one, and on-the-job training
- Effectively lead, guide and instruct others
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
High school diploma. Two years related experience and/or training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Read, write and speak English. Able to communicate and take direction from the line lead and/or the production supervisor.
Must have basic math skills for case calculation, efficiency calculation, production worksheets, HACCP compliance forms and any other forms deemed necessary by the production manager.
Other skills and abilities:
Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel.
Must have experience training and coaching new employees.
Must be able to delegate tasks directed by Lead/Supervisor
Possess a team player attitude.
Willingness to learn.
Work well with others and demonstrate a great work ethic.
Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch.
The employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 100 pounds and regularly carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.