We’re looking for a talented accountant or analyst to join our operations finance team. As the Operations Analyst for a fast paced growing site you’ll support the Head of Operations Finance through the delivery of the short-medium term needs and objectives of the Operations Finance function with a focus on providing World Class finance support. The core focus of this role will be in providing our operations with day to day support including factory cost analysis and information providing insight to drive action.
As an Operations Analyst you’ll be responsible for assisting the operations team in being as good as they possibly can be by providing data and insight to allow them to make the right decisions. As such you’ll find that on a day to day basis and then on a month to month basis you’ll be producing, communicating and distributing accurate daily Business Unit KPI and other key data, reports and information. You’ll be enabling the team to make decisions and changes based on fact and insight.
Some of the reports you’ll look after will include:
- Labour variance analysis
- Material variance analysis
- KPI Data
- Operations monthly KPI reports & Scorecard
Whilst you’ll be providing information to allow our managers to make decisions, you’ll also have the freedom to challenge and provide support in making changes to improve factory costs. This will be done through the analysis of the above reports combined with analysis of the operational overheads. You’ll do this by being in face to face contact through scheduled meetings and adhoc opportunities both in meeting rooms and in the factory directly.
There’ll also be the responsibility for ensuring that our ERP system TROPOS is accurate, you’ll also be working cross functionally to help with new product costing, working in combination with our New Product Development team and the wider Operations teams to ensure that TROPOS builds are accurate.
You’ll also help to support with the wider financial teams responsibilities including:
- the month end process
- production of the month end Operations packs
- preparation of monthly MD reports
- annual Budget and quarterly Forecasting process for factory performance and Operations overheads
The Ideal Candidate
There’s a huge amount of scope within this role, you’ll be tasked with and responsible for working closely with our Operations team to provide actionable insight and information. As such you’ll need a really strong communication style and be comfortable presenting all levels of information to people with differing levels of understanding.
With the responsibility you’ll also have an understanding of management accounting and ideally someone who has/had exposure to a manufacturing environment or is interested in working in this area. An understanding of a factory environment and the pressures within will also be beneficial.
This a 50% office based 50% factory based and you will have to demonstrate the ability to switch from office to factory role and flexible in working hours.
You will have an accounting and finance or maths degree or studying towards it.
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go Northampton is undergoing unprecedented growth with over £30 Million invested in our site. The end result is that we have recently opened our 5th unit. Greencore always look to put people at the core, and at Northampton our Learning and Development team have delivered well over 30,000 hours of training in the past year alone. We offer a clear and well defined career path and will actively look at how we can enable our colleagues to push themselves forward.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.