Occupational Health Technician
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Bow, we have a team of around 800 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, platters, sub rolls and salads for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Asda, Morrisons and BP Wild Bean Café.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Health Technician to assist our current London based OH Advisor. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their career into occupational health within a manufacturing environment.
What you'll be doing
The overall key responsibility for this role is to deliver a service that promotes the health and wellbeing of all Greencore colleagues within the workplace.
- Provide new starter screening for all colleagues to ensure compliance with statutory and company standards
- Ensure health surveillance is undertaken on all employees in accordance with the risk assessment legislation
- Provide advice on individual health issues and promote health education within the workplace to maximise employee understanding
- Compile and record occupational health statistical data to deliver Group and statutory reporting requirements
- Fulfil administration tasks, including bookings, raising POs, filing etc, to support the efficient running of the Occupational Health Service
- Conduct routine Risk Assessments and reports in line with location requirements to monitor compliance with Group policy
What we’re looking for
To be considered for this role you will have previous experience as an Occupational Health Technician or equivalent role.
- Have knowledge of Health Promotion and Health & Safety at work
- Maintain confidentiality; Have good working knowledge of GDPR
- Have good communication skills
- Confidence to make decisions and use initiative
- Be trained to deliver and interpret Health Screen tests (full training will be provided however an advantage if you have prior experience)
This role will require full flexibility to work occasional weekends, nights and early shifts to cover all shift patterns for health surveillance and management referrals.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.