You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
To effectively source new products in line with purchasing strategies and product development requirements. Lead buy a product portfolio within your sourcing area
Key Accountabilities Performance Measures
- Ensure new purchases are aligned with purchasing strategies and PD requirements
- Ensure that new launch product costs are optimised
- Become a mini expert in a specified sourcing area
- Understand site and customer requirements for sourcing and LB areas
- Effectively lead buy a material or material group; with support from a Lead Buyer; ensuring the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively
- Identify and use data sources to accurately forecast prices
- Contribute to a portfolio of innovative ingredients available to the PD team, identified through visits, trawls etc.
What we’re looking for
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree Calibre
- Knowledge of the New Product Development process and / or buying experience an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- FMCG experience would be ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Strong numerical skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.