Material Handler 1
Responsible for the timely and accurate implementation of all warehouse and distribution functions and related data collection and documentation. Work effectively in both individual and team settings. Handle other assignments, as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include processing incoming and outgoing freight, compiling and maintaining records pertaining to orders, receiving, supplies and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy. Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequences such as size, type, style, color, batch or product code.
- Enter shipping/receiving records into SAP. Complete shipping and receiving documentation.
- Proficient with shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Inspect trailer interior for cleanliness and contamination prior to loading and unloading product. Contact Quality Department if condition of trailer is suspect. Make sure incoming products meet Greencore’s quality standards.
- Pick customer orders from stock and place on pallets or shelves or convey orders to dock area.
- Mark materials with identifying information. Ensure product being delivered is due on that date.
- Maintain internal records, as needed.
- Follow all checklists and procedures.
- Inventory receipt, stocking, cycle counting and accuracy requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse, cooler and freezer.
- Ability to safely operate Forklift.
- Must be knowledgeable in GMP’s, OSHA, TFIS, and HACCP.
- Frequently exposed to extreme cold. Required to spend periods of time wearing freezer suits and boots.
The Ideal Candidate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Data input and general computer software operation knowledge. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel. Prior experience with SAP preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish a plus.
Good Math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have ability to work in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is required to spend periods of time wearing freezer suits and boots.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must have flexible work schedule.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.