Manufacturing Manager (Supply Chain)
We've got an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join our team based in Heathrow.
The Heathrow site is newly acquired into the Greencore estate, with large investment in both infrastructure and product portfolio over the next 24 months. Were looking for someone who is passionate and energetic to join our team, who has a proven portfolio of delivering change in a very fast paced and complex environment.
In the role of Manufacturing Manager, your key focus will be to lead the end to end manufacturing function, people, process and product, across all shifts to deliver the key objectives on site.
- Implement the end to end manufacturing plan in order to achieve the manufacturing unit EBIT/Productivity Objectives
- Contributes to business planning that defines the manufacturing budget and then controls manufacturing spend, within sign off limits, ensuring costs are aligned with business requirement and agreed budget which delivers product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards
- Act as the Supply Chain lead in cross functional/customer projects to ensure that all developments include collaborative working which results in successful new implementations and ongoing service improvement
- Implement SHE plan/performance across the manufacturing teams in order to enhance employees health and safety wellbeing in the workplace
- Ensure forecasting, planning, material requisitions, stock control, warehousing, and distribution processes are in place at all locations to ensure customer service expectations are in place to meet customer orders at the best optimum cost
- Oversee the deployment of the Sales and Operating planning (S&OP) Process to ensure sufficient production capacity, stocks or finished goods and raw materials, and labour are in place to meet customer orders at the best optimum cost
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
The Ideal Candidate
- A good standard of educational achievement, through full time further education or gained as a work-based apprentice
- Previous experience of leading manufacturing & supply chain teams in an FMCG environment (Forecasting, production planning and scheduling, SOP, inventory management, warehousing, distribution operations, 3PL management)
- Previous experience of working with customers and being accountable for customer service
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams
- Level Three Health and Safety IOSH
- Legionella Duty Holder Awareness as Deputy
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of 2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland