The Maintenance Supervisor supervises the maintenance department function including activities and personnel in multi-shift production operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide supervision and training of maintenance personnel based upon criteria provided by department management
- Schedule weekly/daily labor resources for the maintenance department to meet management requirements
- Advise department manager/regularly provides info related to any/all technical or personnel issues that occurred on the shift
- Assist department management in securing safe conditions and proper maintenance, including documentation in accordance with plant GMP's, SOP's, OSHA and SQF requirements
- Oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Develop cost and capital spending justification for plant related projects
- Streamline and maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
- Work with other departments to improve and develop improvements
- Communicate proactively and effectively with other departments and management
- Have the ability to use analytical reasoning and good problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Other activities as determined by Maintenance Manager
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
High school diploma or GED and vocational training/certificate in electrical and mechanical production systems, including PLC's required as well as a minimum of 6 years’ experience supervising and training, non-exempt, non-union mechanics in a production operation, food manufacturing and/or high-speed packaging environment preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written in English. Bi-lingual a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Physical working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm (or very cold). Must be able to access any area inside, outside and around facility including may need to ascend/descend stairways, narrow passageways and layout of expansive operations to access production equipment which may be located @ any level inside and/or the building. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.