Maintenance Shift Leader - Leeds
Are you a multi-skilled Maintenance shift leader looking for a new technically challenging and varied role? Can you lead and empower a team?
We are looking for a Maintenance Shift Leaders at our Leeds Site to manage a team of Engineers who maintain and improve the performance of all plant and equipment to achieve maximum machine availability targets.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
As our Maintenance leader you will:
- Lead the engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good anufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
What we’re looking for
You will have proven experience where team management and development is key to delivering results.
You will have knowledge of manufacturing machinery and / or processes, be computer literate, ideally with competent costing and budgeting skills.
You will love engineering and enjoy thinking on your feet and solving problems with a methodical approach. Our environment is fast paced and we are investing in our technology so flexibility is key to be successful.
You will have an analytical mind coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into our Greencore culture.
Our shift leader engineer will also have:
· A time served accredited apprentice or have equivalent experience with appropriate certification.
· Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding is essential to this role.
· knowledge of maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment.
· Food/FMCG Manufacturing Experience is desirable
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.