Maintenance Mechanic - $1,000.00 Signing Bonus - 3rd Shift
The Maintenance Mechanic primary responsibilities are to repair, maintain and set-up any and all production equipment as needed. Also to apply all technical knowledge and experience to insure that all repairs and set-ups are performed in a safe and accurate manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform set-ups as per manufacture's requirements
- Read and understand manufacture's preventative maintenance recommendations
- Perform production set-ups and inspections in a timely manner
- Maintain all necessary tools and equipment to perform the duties as assigned
- Read and understand basic electrical schematics
- Perform basic electrical jobs such as replace motors, switches and basic relay circuits
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on production equipment and takes corrective action.
- Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Performs all levels of preventative maintenance on plant equipment, identifying equipment defects, analyzes root causes and where possible, takes corrective action.
- Operates plant food packaging and associated equipment in a safe and productive manner
- Performs necessary tests for quality control purposes, follow GMP rules
- Inform management of any problems with meeting daily
- Communicate with other department to coordinate maintenance issues
- Maintains parts and shop supply inventories
- Helps update scheduled preventive maintenance utilizing CMMS
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Ambitious, positive and self-motivated worker
- Able to prioritize work schedule to execute in order of importance
- Previous experience troubleshooting and repairing packaging equipment such as: Tray and Pouch sealing equipment (Tiromat, Mondini, Multivac etc.), Cartoners, Baggers, Flow wrappers, Scales, Checkweigher a plus
- Significant mechanical aptitude & previous experience working in/on/around food machinery
- Demonstrated knowledge/background in electricity/hydraulics/welding (stick, tig, oxy/act, plasma, etc.) and previous experience reading blue prints/manuals/service bulletins… is strongly preferred
- Good communication skills (English)
- Must be flexible and available to fill in other positions/shifts and to work overtime
- PLC experience a plus
- Machining and /or HVAC troubleshooting skills a plus.
- Computer skills, email, excel and CMMS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.