We are currently looking for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our team.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 12,200 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots, we supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Consett, we have a team of around 280 colleagues. We produce a range of chilled ready meals for some of the UK's leading retailers, including Co-op, Sainsbury's and Weight Watchers.
What you'll be doing
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers you will:
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
Our Engineers work a 3 shift rotation which includes days, lates and nights
What we’re looking for
- An engineering specific qualification from an apprenticeship, registered college or university
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer within industrial/manufacturing environments
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop as there is considerable opportunity for development within our large engineering function
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding
- An analytical mindset coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into our Greencore culture
- Previous experience of working within a food/FMCG environment is desirable but not essential
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.