Are you a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer looking for a new technically challenging and varied role close to home?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium ready to cook meals for major retailers.
What you'll be doing
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our team.
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers you will:
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
Our team work on a regular 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (please note this is a fixed nights only vacancy)
What we’re looking for
You will need to have:
- An engineering specific qualification from an apprenticeship, registered college or university
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer within industrial/manufacturing environments
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop as there is considerable opportunity for development within our large engineering function
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding
- An analytical mindset coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into our Greencore culture
- Previous experience of working within a food/FMCG environment is desirable but not essential
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core:
- Competitive salary and annual leave allowance
- A Pension scheme offering up to 8% matched company contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering in-house training
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career