Are you a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer looking for a new technically challenging and varied role close to home?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer, producing convenience food for the UK's leading supermarkets and grocery retailers and we are actually the largest sandwich manufacturer in the world!
Greencore Selby has a team of over 750 colleagues and is the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles; serving customers since 1914.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for 2 x dynamic and highly motivated Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers to join our team.
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers you will:
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
Our engineers work on a regular 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (rotating days and nights)
What we’re looking for
You will need to have:
- An engineering specific qualification from an apprenticeship, registered college or university
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer post study or apprenticeship
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop as there is considerable opportunity for development within our large engineering function
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding is essential to this role
- An analytical mindset coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into our Greencore culture
- Previous experience of working within a food/FMCG environment is desirable but not essential
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core:
- Competitive salary and annual leave allowance
- A Pension scheme offering up to 8% matched company contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering in-house training
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On site discounted staff restaurant and occupational health team
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.