As a Machine Operator will be required to perform a set of tasks using machinery. They are responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining various machines to ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
Machine Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so they should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
What you’ll do:
- Perform machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed)
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Feed the necessary raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to discover any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor or maintenance department.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to standing for prolonged periods; frequently walks, grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working and handling products, computers or machinery. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 50 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a as needed basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate equipment if required. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and non-moving mechanical parts. The employee could have work conditions that are extremely cold or extremely hot. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.