To provide accurate and quality product to our customers by adhering to specifications and operating in the most cost effective and productive manner while lending support to the line associates in production and packaging areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Complete Pre-Operational Inspection of area.
- Set-up, operate, troubleshoot, and resolve machine issues according to specifications.
- Keep the line equipment operating in a safe and efficient manner. Willingness to learn preventative machine maintenance.
- Ability to learn and perform all line related positions within area of responsibility in the production and packaging area.
- Ability to follow all equipment cleaning processes (before, during, and after shift).
- Responsible for compliance with specifications.
- Monitor production, efficiency, and product quality.
- Responsible for documentation and record keeping for area (including, but not limited to material receipts and returns, production worksheets, efficiency, & labor standards). Must have basic math skills for forms deemed necessary by the production manager.
- Knowledgeable in GMP’s, OSHA and HACCP.
- Must remain familiar with all pertinent Standard Operating Procedures, and incorporate any changes into the training process.
- Provide feedback to the lead regarding employee relations issues. Back-up lead in his/her absence.
- Gives limited work direction to line associates. Flexibility to train production employees.
- Monitors and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity allowing for a successful career.
- Cooperation with R&D on new and existing products.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and operate tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, stoop or crouch. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and require ascending and descending stairs.
The employee may occasionally move up to 50 pounds with a hoist, pallet-jack or cart and regularly lift up to 25 pounds and transfer up to 280 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The ability to read, write and speak English. Able to communicate and take direction from the line lead and/or the production supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environments, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.