Line Controller - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job? Do you want the perfect work life balance with at least 3 days off per week?
We are currently recruiting for Line Controllers, with varies shift patterns avalible.
Your key focus will be to control a food production line and manage a team of up to 40 operatives to ensure products are consistently prepared to company standards and within the agreed production plan.
The Shift patterns we have avalible are Sun-Wed/ Sun - Tues and Wed-Sat / Thurs - Sat
What we’re looking for
- As First Line Leader / Line Controller you will have responsibility for a particular area/ food production line and will ensure that production meets with the agreed production plan at all times.
- You will manage and lead a team to ensure that performance within your area is maximised through careful monitoring, identifying trends within a particular area and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance.
- Working closely with your team, you’ll monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to ensure performance consistency and reliability, with a key focus on promoting safe working environment at all times.
- You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential
- Ideally you will have previous experience as a Lead Operative or Team Leader/Supervisor. Working within an FMCG environment is crucial as is experience or working to tight deadlines.
- Accreditation in basic food hygiene and HACCP would be extremely beneficial.
- It's important that you have the ability and passion for leading and managing people - our Line Managers are a key part in how we run our business, as we put People at the Core.
What you’ll get in return
If this sounds like you then join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.