The Inventory Analyst records and maintains control of purchased (on consignment) and produced inventory for ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures. With an understanding of acceptable scrap rates for each customer’s inventory, analyzes inventory levels, scrap rates, and high discrepancies after physical counts and works with production department to analyze/reconcile excessive scrap rates.
What you’ll do:
- Makes all necessary inventory adjustments within their shift
- Evaluates all shift inventory adjustments for high variances
- Manages the cycle count program and prioritizes what is counted
- Works closely with each SCS on “close outs”, reports counts, scrap rates, and accuracy of PICK versus the physical count
- Cleans up bulk and finished good tags in the system that are not physically found.
- Analyzes scrap and adjustment data for incoming count verification and reports to SCS buyer
- Analyzes inventory levels, scrap rates, and high discrepancies after physical counts and distinguishes the different types of adjustments in the system: receipts, production used, scrap, disposal, shipments out, and variances.
- Executes data count logs for incoming shortage checks
- Understands the acceptable scrap rates for each customer’s inventory and works with the production department to bring to identify anything in excess
- Initiates production supply physicals (shrinkfilm, stretchwrap, & glue) and adjusts system accordingly
- Participates in inventory meeting to review inventory issues, accuracy, and material flow through the system and initiates corrective action measures with all departments involved; monitors/measures improvement from week to week
- Does investigative work on unusually large quantity inventory adjustment for root cause analysis and reports the findings to the department supervisor
- Manages the 13 week Geographical Method Cycle Count Program as well as the high traffic “black hole” location audits as defined for the location
- Strives for 98.5% inventory accuracy and works with the location for improvement when necessary
- Reports the cycle count results to management and supply chain
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
High school diploma or GED plus several years of progressive development in a production environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Production areas may be expansive, noisy and vary in temperature from very cold (USDA) to ambient or warm in summer months.In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.