A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the team here at Greencore-Atherstone as a Hygiene Technician.
The role will include providing the hygiene team support in dismantling machinery and guards to facilitate its deep cleaning. This will also involve recording the isolation of the machineries and maintaining a programme of scheduled cleaning. The role will include working any 5 days out of 7 days. The start time is 13:00 and finish time is 21:00.
The main responsibilities will include:
- To carry out the safe isolation and locking off of machinery prior to it being dismantled for cleaning;
- To log / record which pieces of machinery have been isolated and locked off prior to them being dismantled for cleaning;
- Dismantling and removal of machinery guards and covers to allow the hygiene team to perform a deep clean on a scheduled basis;
- To safely store machinery guards, covers, parts and fixings whilst they are cleaned;
- To Re-build machinery following the deep clean process;
- To reinstate the machine to its normal working condition after the deep clean and removal of lock off device;
- To test run machinery following the rebuild;
- To safely isolate and open control panels to facilitate cleaning operations;
- Dismantle, remove and reassemble bearing covers to facilitate cleaning operations;
- Dismantle, remove and reassemble motor guards to facilitate cleaning operations.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to make good informed decisions. It is also important to be able to demonstrate good literacy and numerical skills.
About the Company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
The Atherstone site sits within the Food To Go and produces Sandwiches and wraps for leading retailers. The site employs 600+ people and has been an established part of the local community for a number of years