You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the team has the right number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, to enable them to deliver the master cleaning schedule
- Create and present a clear forward resourcing plan (people and materials) for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstance to minimise food risk
- Direct and monitor the team’s delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule, to ensure operational integrity
- Communicate, and validate the team’s adoption of amendments to SOPs to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made to functional hygiene performance and safety practices
- Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks, to inform the preventative maintenance programme
- Ensure personal and team compliance with inventory controls to facilitate the timely replacement of materials
- Provide appropriate information, in accordance with agreed procedures, to customers/regulatory bodies to ensure demonstration of process and procedures
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
What we’re looking for
- Food Hygiene NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Basic Health & Safety NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Chemical Handling
- Detailed understanding of the impact of legislation on day to day operations in relation to food safety.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel
- Previous experience in FMCG or similar hygiene role
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.