Hygiene Operator - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We are currently recruiting for a new role within our Hygiene Team.
In this role, you will undertake hygiene tasks including the cleaning of equipment within production areas to the required hygiene standard. Duties will include:
- Carry out day to day hygiene activities in line with daily requirements ensuring operational integrity
- Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks to the appropriate personnel
- Ensure that chemicals are used and stored correctly
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and submitted to the correct personnel
- Follow work instructions highlighting any issues to appropriate manager or supervisor
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department
- Identify and highlight any opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance in support of the overall shift plan
- Flexibility to cover all other areas where needed.
The shifts available are:
What we’re looking for
- Good level of English & Maths
- Ideally hygiene experience within a food manufacturing environment. COSHH experience would be highly advantageous.
- Attention to detail - you will be taking machinery apart for deep cleans and then putting it back together
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Right first time approach
If this sounds like you then join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Free parking
- On site canteen serving hot meals including on night shift
- Cycle to Work scheme
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn’t stop at being the world’s largest sandwich producer, we’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.