Hygiene Operative - Strip Down
What you'll be doing
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job? Interested in getting into engineering? Enjoy taking things apart and rebuilding them again?
We are currently recruiting for a Hygiene Strip Down Operative to join us at our Manton Wood "Food to Go" Production Facility in Worksop.
As a Hygiene Strip Down Operative your key focus will be to strip down, clean and then re-assemble all removable parts of machinery and depositors in the production area. This is a skilled role and is ideal opportunity for anyone interested in engineering, looking to gain relevant entry level experience. We have two positions available:
1) Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri 12:30pm – 18:30pm Sat 7am – 17:30pm
2) Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 12:30pm – 18:30pm Sat 7am – 17:30pm
What we’re looking for
- You will be trained to strip down conveyor belts, slicers, wrapping machines, mixers and other kit on site which is used to produce the sandwiches we make. This is a skilled role and would suit anyone with an interest / skills in mechanics or machinery who enjoys taking things apart and rebuilding them again. It is also a good pathway into the world of engineering - particularly if you are interested in mechanical or/and electrical engineering - this will be good hands on entry level experience.
- Our hygiene team work to high standards and tight deadlines - so you need to have good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication skills are key - you will work as part of the team including Hygiene Operatives, Steam Clean Operatives and other Strip Down Operatives.
- Because you will be handling chemicals and various types of machinery, you need to have a high level of ac it is essential you have Maths (Entry Level 3 and above) and English (Entry Level 3 and above)
What you’ll get in return
If this sounds like you then join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.