We are looking to appoint a Hygiene Manager to manage the hygiene function on site across all shifts. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that safe standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the site and that the level achieved, exceeds legislatory, Greencore and customer requirements.
- Ensure all equipment and areas around the site are included in the hygiene management systems with relevant control documentation. Generating reports of site hygiene activities, performance against budgetary guidelines as required for the Technical Controller
- Manage all full time and agency staff efficiently, ensuring that the teams are fully resourced at all times and that the team is fully trained to met all job and health & safety requirements
- Operate within budgetary requirements for hygiene labour and overhead costs, whilst effectively managing the purchasing of all hygiene equipment and consumables
- Liaise with the technical Services manager to provide information for the site KPI system and to produce weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure that all site environmental aspects and waste streams are controlled, liaising with the operations team to ensure that all waste recycling initiatives are supported and maintained.
- Ensure that all aspects of site hygiene (24 hours and 7 days) are effective via auditing systems, hygiene monitoring systems and corrective action. This must involve a daily presence on the factory floor and a routine to cover 24 hours and 7 days
- To take an active part in all Greencore, 3rd party and customer audits/visits, following up and completing all corrective actions with regards hygiene non-conformances
The Ideal Candidate
- Supervisory experience with a fast moving high risk working environment and managing a team is essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and COSHH as well as Environmental requirements and legislation
- The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator, with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A self starter, who is highly motivated with a good working knowledge of food microbiology
- Food Science, Technology or Microbiology qualification typical HND or higher
- Formal qualification in food hygiene (Intermediate or Advanced)
About the Company
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn’t stop at being the world’s largest sandwich producer, we’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.