Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager function is to provide day-to-day partnership with the manufacturing plant leadership team to drive employee engagement through positive employee relations, fair application of policies and processes, and employee development. Responsibilities include compliance, recruiting, compensation, performance management, and employee involvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Work with leadership team to conduct workforce planning for site – identifying peak hiring periods and crewing levels required.
- Partner with recruiters to develop hiring plan to meet business requirements. Conducts interviews to identify qualified candidates. On-boards new hires as needed.
- Work with HR partners at Corporate and other manufacturing locations to develop and/or deliver HR processes in core areas: recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits, employee development, employee relations. Lead these processes at assigned site.
- Actively lead and/or facilitates change management processes to support plant transformation.
- Be actively involved and, as assigned, leads employee relations initiatives to improve employee engagement.
- Ensure federal and state compliance related to employment and workplace expectations.
- Coach and counsels plant leadership on employee relations issues and prepares documentation as required to support actions.
- Calculate and reports site-specific KPIs in monthly report-outs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business or related curriculum
- Seven (7) years’ HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience in leading an organization through a major change initiative
- Ability to develop and drive initiatives to improve plant performance
- Possess excellent coaching and team building competencies
- MBA, PHR or SPHR preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Valued and respected Business partner of a leadership team
- Strong recruitment results using new and creative methods for securing hourly, technical and leadership talent.
- Strong organization skills and ability to build processes to improve effectiveness of function.
- Strong analytical competencies to monitor employment trends and proactively address areas as required.
- Excellent communication persuasion skills to sell all levels of the organization on programs and initiatives.
- Ability to improve the talent in an organization by identifying and, as needed, delivering current and new training/development programs to meet the needs of the business.
- Strong HR technical knowledge to insure compliance with legislation.
- Strong competencies in counseling, mediation and facilitation to aid leadership in directing the business related to people engagement.
- Project management including development and execution.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment effectively.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Standard office environment within a manufacturing facility. Manufacturing working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm (or very cold). Must be able to access any area in and around facility including may need to ascend/descend stairways, narrow passageways and layout of expansive operations to access production equipment which may be located at any level in the building.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.