Help Desk Analyst
The Help Desk Analyst acts as a conduit between the business and group IT. They receive, log, process and monitor calls to the Group IT Service Desk ensuring internal and external escalated levels of support are engaged and maintained.
What you’ll be doing:
- Track all calls. (Number of calls answered, time, etc.)
- Take initial calls, emails or tickets inquiries and trouble shoot, manage relatively simple hardware, software or network problems. Receive and log incidents, problem solve and escalate unsolved issues to higher level IT support when needed.
- Assess and assign priorities to calls logged from end users, ensuring the correct level of urgency is assigned.
- Process and monitor logged and prioritized calls, liaising with internal and external resolver groups where necessary to successfully resolve and close the call.
- Adhere to Group IT service desk best practice on availability and ensure calls are answered promptly.
- Build a good working knowledge of Group IT environment in order to achieve higher levels of first time fixes.
- Ensure consistent internal customer service is given on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- High school degree or GED required.
- A demonstrated strong aptitude of IT knowledge and constant people skills, delivering customer service.
- Good phone skills and an ability to provide technical support over the phone.
- Good problem solving skills and techniques.
- The ability to switch between tasks and multi-task effectively during peak times.
- Experience working within a multi-site organization or group.
Physical requirements & work environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to sitting and using a phone for prolonged periods; frequently walks, grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working and handling products, computers or machinery. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 40 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a as needed basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate equipment if required. Conditions are primarily office workspace, but the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and non-moving mechanical parts. The employee could have work conditions that are extremely cold or extremely hot. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.