Head of Finance, Commercial
Attractive salary plus benefits
What you'll be doing
This is a unique opportunity to lead the commercial finance area of a significant part of the group. Your scope will span seven manufacturing sites that cover six categories generating annual revenues of more than £750m. You will play an integral role within the senior leadership team.
What we’re looking for
- Key part of a broad senior leadership team that includes colleagues across commercial, sales, NPD, marketing and insight functions
- Lead and inspire a wider team via four direct reports
- Continue a strong partnering relationship with the respective commercial director
- Actively contribute to the wider UK leadership team
- Key accountabilities
- Commercial reporting
- Purchasing reporting
- Control of artwork, origination and commercial overheads budget
- Product costing from concept to launch
- Revenue management
- Insight into sales account teams to drive performance
What you’ll get in return
• Strong commercial finance background, ideally within the FMCG sector
• Experience of working closely with multiple stakeholders across a large and complex business (numerous channels to market, broad customer base and various sites)
• Ambitious and eager to develop and realise potential
• Able to both support and challenge business decisions through establishing credibility and trust
• Can operate on a hands-on basis as well as providing overall guidance and vision to the team
• Experience of tendering would be advantageous
The group has high ambitions to continue its success and can evidence an unrivalled people development culture. Personal growth opportunities are unlimited.
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.