HR Advisor 12 months FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
We are currently looking to hire an HR Advisor for a 12 months fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
What you'll be doing
- Provision of HR advice and support to colleagues and managers on all shifts on day to day issues in line with Company HR policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company policies and employment legislation
- Advise and support on the disciplinary and grievance processes with managers to ensure correct procedures are followed with support from more senior HR professional where necessary. To include investigations, attendance at hearings, note taking and associated administration
- Advise and support on the performance management processes with managers to ensure correct procedures are followed with support from more senior HR professional where necessary
- Manage and where necessary undertake duties supporting the recruitment and selection process, particularly for hourly paid employees and lower graded salary roles
- Managing Core Manning in conjunction with Line Managers
- Ensure and manager compliance such as entitlement to work, ETI compliance, etc
- Maintenance of HR system and databases and maintenance of reports and staff files in conjunction with the HR Administrator
- Liaise with Payroll
- Complete new starter and leaver feedback (conducting post recruitment and exit interview interviews). Take appropriate follow up actions and completion of reports and analysis to include recommendations, etc.
- Process changes to terms and conditions and raising contracts of employment
- Absence management – supporting and advising line managers, etc. Managing long term sickness absence
What we’re looking for
- HR generalist in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Part CIPD qualified or working towards HR qualification or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge and experience of employment legislation
- Excellent knowledge and ability using computers and social media/communication
- Experience of employee engagement
- Able to work 8am to 5pm five days a week
- Able to work in the evenings to cover back shift once or twice a month
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success!
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.